Pre-Feasibility/Feasibility Report Services – Eninrac
Assessing the pre-feasibility/feasibility is the first step towards the successful implementation of any capital project. Whether it’s about setting up a manufacturing facility or constructing a mall or establishing a road network or setting up a mass rapid transit system etc., prefeasibility or feasibility reports act as a tool for making smart & strategic decisions regarding a capital project.
Pre-feasibility/feasibility studies are more than just a mandatory step, they are a real opportunity for project developers to thoroughly define and optimize a project business case along with wisely plan for execution and operations before the time goes out. Hence, investing time & resources in getting the pre-feasibility/feasibility study right could help make a strong foundation for any project. Through Eninrac’s pre feasibility/feasibility study services businesses can align their goals of value maximization of the project by opting for rigorous project feasibility studies which prompt their contractors to maximize the values without increasing the intermittent financials.
Why Eninrac’s Pre-feasibility/Feasibility Studies
- Defining prescriptive standards for feasibility studies: For project developers to do well a set of standardized criteria should be followed for conducting a feasibility study. While some design their own standards & few are not best positioned to execute so, may tend to refer third party processes & criteria. Eninrac helps client’s in establishing a standardized process for conducting feasibility studies.
- Implementing a systematic & complete project value improvement process: Typically, most project developers treat project value improvement as one-off exercise which comes at a later stage or end of assessing feasibility. Therefore, our service is aligned to reduce the sub optimal trade-offs, if any involved
- Detailed Project Reports with CAPEX & OPEX benchmark supported by predictive analysis: One of the most important functions before establishing or planning a project involves the CAPEX estimations with high level of granularity, which is the hallmark of our pre-feasibility/feasibility reports.
Key sector on which Eninrac provides pre-feasibility/feasibility studies.
- Oil & Gas: Under our pre-feasibility/feasibility service we support in conducting feasibility studies across the sector value chain. We leverage our industry association with premier institutions to support such assignments as per client need and typically engage in conducting fuel retailing feasibility studies.
- Power Sector: For the power sector we render our services to assist in conducting feasibility analysis for thermal projects coupled with formulation of detailed project report and environment analysis and impact study.
- Solar: Solar sector is one of the most brimming sectors and hence we provide host of solutions through our pre-feasibility/feasibility services resulting in meeting the business needs of project developers, equipment suppliers, module suppliers & engineering procurement & construction service providers etc. We also assist the clients with detailed project report preparation and power tie-up agreements for MW as well roof-top solutions.
- Wind: Our team of domain specialists believe that conducting feasibility studies are more than just a mandatory process step or stage gate & in fact are realistically existing last opportunity to thoroughly define and optimize the project business case to rigorously plan for execution & operations
Case Study – Feasibility Study Report by Eninrac
Feasibility study of setting up LNG based combined cycle gas turbine (CCGT) plant for a Japanese entity.
Team Eninrac was engaged by one of the renowned Japanese entities to prepare a feasibility study of setting up LNG based combined cycle gas turbine (CCGT) plant at Dhamra, Odisha. The feasibility study was done to assess the investment potential of the project and how much viability exists. Holistic project feasibility study included – power scenario assessment, natural gas availability & infra situation, environment impact analysis, financial & risk analysis.
Scope of the study
Client wished to conduct a detailed feasibility assessment upon technical, economical & operational aspects for setting up 1× 423 MW LNG based CCGT plant at Dhamra, Bhadrak district, Odisha.
The study included a broad coverage upon the power generation, transmission and distribution scenario of Odisha, power trading and open access mechanism status in the state, project description, assessment of the infrastructure at the probable project site, analysis of environmental aspects of the project, detailed mapping of natural gas infrastructure and availability in India, preparation of a financial estimate and Risk analysis of the project concerned.
Key prepositions & recommendations suggested by Eninrac to the client.
- Sourcing of LNG from Dhamra port through dedicated infrastructure
- Setting up of hydrogen production unit by utilizing PEM electrolyzer and electricity feed through ground mounted solar plant
- Evaluating power offtake in northeastern states of India
- Piloting the replacements/offsetting of natural gas through hydrogen under long term
- Long term contracts for LNG sourcing were recommended
- Based on pilot results, hydrogen valleys can be developed in the vicinity of Dhamra port which could help the energy intensive industries decarbonize