Every business in the world wants to choose the best technology when it comes to developing software or mobile apps and websites. And this is because the success of any app or software largely depends on the app or software development framework the business chooses. Often it seems that businesses are not able to choose a particular framework among the list of frameworks available for software or app development.
Hence, we intend here to do a comparison of all the three frameworks based on various parameters and let you choose the best framework for your project with ease. Let’s know about each of them one-by-one.
What is AngularJS ?
AngularJS got popular among developers very quickly because of its great features and was updated by the Google community from time to time. The present version of AngularJS is Angular 13 and developers are preparing a roadmap for Angular 14 release which is due very soon.
Features of AngularJS
- AngularJS provides a data binding feature that helps users to bind data from HTML by just adding code snippets. Having this feature, developers need not write any extra code for binding data.
- Code reusability is another great feature of AngularJS. Developers can use the same code to write for the client-side as well the server-side. This reduces a lot of work and hence speeds up the development.
- The built-in dependency injection of AngularJS lets developers develop an application seamlessly. It also makes the testing of the application easy and developers can detect the need of any required change in the application.
- With routing features, applications developed using AngularJS lets users move or navigate from one view to another flawlessly.
What is React JS?
Features of React JS
- The virtual DOM, which is a lightweight rendition of real DOM, feature of ReactJS lets developers swiftly implement and modify any changes in the object library.
- ReactJS has a declarative UI that makes developing software or apps with ReactJS very attractive. It helps developers create interactive and engaging user interfaces.
- ReactJS offers developers to reuse the components that helps developers to cut down the development time to a large extent. Components have their own logic and in React, you can reuse them anywhere in the application.
What is Node.js?
Node.js is used in developing data-rich, server-side, and highly scalable apps. It can run on numerous platforms like Windows, Linux, Unix, etc. It was first released in 2009 and the current version of Node.js is Node.jsV18.
Features of Node.js
- Node.js offer cross-platform functionality that allows developers to use and run Node.js on any OS or platforms like Windows, Linux, Unix, or any other mobile OS.
- Node.js is highly scalable which is why it has attracted attention from big companies globally. Almost every business needs to scale their operations from time to time and Node.js is the savior for those businesses. It handles many concurrent requests and helps in smoother development.
- Fast data streaming is another remarkable feature of Node.js. Node.js processes data very quickly in multiple streams. You can swiftly upload files, videos, and any other components in a very short time.
- Node.js has a very active community of developers who are always available in case you have any issue during the process of development. You can always seek guidance and advice from the community members. The members also keep updating the platform with various tools and modules.
Comparison Between AngularJS, ReactJS, and NodeJS
Performance is the core parameter to measure any programming languages or frameworks. Hence, it is essential to measure AngularJS, ReactJS, and NodeJS based on their performances.
AngularJS has a truckload of features which makes the application quite heavy and sluggish. It slows down the overall performance of the framework. ReactJS gives its developers flexibility to integrate features as they may want during the development process. And Node.js uses Virtual DOM for better performance.
From above, it is clear that ReactJS and NodeJS give better performance than AngularJS and there is no clear winner between ReactJS and NodeJS.
A framework or language’s popularity is known by the number of downloads, number of stars it has on GitHub and other parameters. Here, all the three techs that we are comparing are quite popular among the businesses around the globe.
According to NPM trends, as of April 2022, the all-time downloads of React is 15,266,231, Angular has 544,251 downloads, and Node has 211,355 downloads. To talk about the number of stars, React has 188,524 stars, Angular has 59,459, and Node has 125 stars.
Here, the clear winner among all the three is React.
Learning curve is also a parameter to compare any programming language or framework. Learning AngularJS takes a lot of time as it is a full-fledged framework. One needs to master TypeScript and RxJS to learn completely about Angular.
Hence, the clear winner here is Node.js.
Both AngularJS and ReactJS are developed by tech giants Google and Facebook respectively. Both these frameworks are maintained and updated regularly by the expert team of developers at Google and Facebook.
On the other hand, Node.js is an open source framework, where it is maintained by anyone around the world. It does not get the required community support when needed.
Here, AngularJS and ReactJS stand equal and are better than Node.js.
What to Choose for your Project?
Finally we come to the question of what you should choose for your project. Frankly, none of these frameworks are one-size fits all frameworks and have their own pros and cons. It all boils down to your requirements of the project and functionalities you want.
Angular JS is loaded with features, while Node.js is a lightweight framework that helps in building scalable applications. ReactJS lets developers reuse codes and write less codes hence can be developed quickly and it also works well with virtual DOM.
Analyze your project requirements and other factors and then make your decision to choose the framework for your next project.
Harikrishna Kundariya, a marketer, developer, IoT, ChatBot& Blockchain savvy, designer, co-founder, Director of eSparkBiz Technologies. His 10+ experience enables him to provide digital solutions to new start-ups based on IoT and ChatBot.